Use your critical skills to think about how to assess these resources
You're trying to determine if something is credible or authoritative--- is the information biased in some aspect?
- Who is the audience?
- Who's presenting the information? Can they be trusted? How do we know (education/experience)?
- Where is this being published? Is this a trusted journal or organization?
- Do the results seem too good to be true? Can you find similar findings in other articles or places?
- Is this information well-researched? Is this backed by a study or just anecdotes?
- How recent is the data? Is that relevant?
- Is there a bibliography? Where is the evidence coming from?
- Does the method fit my project?
- Does it fit your purpose?
- Are there financial considerations/bias?