Any research paper or project that:
– Received an A in a graded course, OR if research was not produced from a graded course, submission must include a letter of support from the supervising faculty.
– Was completed for a Marquette University course or affiliated program
– Meets the requirements for length and number of sources.
Details about undergraduate and graduate/professional categories below.
Pathfinders and bibliographical essays are not eligible.
Previous winners are eligible.
Individual work and group work submissions are accepted. For group submissions, please designate one contact person for the group.
One entry per person, or group, per year.
– Must be a minimum of five (5) pages in length
– Must include at least three (3) bibliographic sources.
– Must be a minimum of ten (10) pages in length
– Must include a minimum of five (5) bibliographic sources.
Bibliographies for all submissions must be written in standard bibliographic format (MLA, APA, Turabian, Chicago, etc.).
To be considered complete, your submission must include 3 items:
The most important part of your entry is the Research Process Essay (1-2 pages) that you will write and submit with your entry form and original, graded paper. This essay will explain your use of library resources, discuss the variety and appropriateness of sources used, your criteria for selecting which sources to use and cite in your bibliography, and the quality of your research paper or project. This must be written in essay format to be considered by the committee (please do not use Q&A format or bullet points).
Things to include in your Research Process Essay: