This course guide was created for Dr. McInerny's Behavior and Organization (MANA 3001) course.
Although the detailed instructions page refers you to Information Technology Services for help, at the Raynor Information Desk we can also help with some parts of the process. Give us a call at (414) 288-7556.
Below are some lists of CEO's (mostly!) that may help you decide who to research.
Note that these lists may include some people who are not affiliated with a public company!
Public companies are required by law to provide a lot of information to the business world. In addition to a company's own website, two databases below will give you access to the disclosure documents of public companies.
There are two types, and they have different intended audiences! Although there is considerable overlap between the two types, there are is also some unique content in each. For larger, more consumer-oriented companies, the differences are likely to be greatest.
You want to at least skim a good portion of one of these reports. But here are two specific recommendations on sections to look at:
– 10-K: the Management's Discussion and Analysis (MD&A; sometimes repeated in the ARS).
– ARS: the CEO's letter to shareholders. Read several of these letters to get a better sense of the CEO.
For this area, in addition to the business news, below are two sources that may help. Things to note:
– In ESG Manager, look for the ESG Controversies report.
– ESG Manager only covers public companies.
– Violation Tracker does cover some private companies.