Digital Scholarship Lab Basics
- Equipment lending services are available in the Digital Media Reserves M-Th 7:45 a.m.-11:30 p.m., F 7:45 a.m.-10 p.m.,Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.-10p.m.
- In order to use the studio room, please reserve through the online form: http://marquette.libcal.com/booking/dms. Check-in at the information desk at the beginning of your reservation.
- Assistance is available by requesting a one-on-one consultation via the online consultation form.
- Laptops, chargers, and supplemental cables may be checked out for 4 hours, iPads may be checked out for 1 day or 1 week, other equipment can be checked out for 3 days. Equipment may be checked out only after signing the circulation agreement form (PDF).
- Laptops may be renewed only if there are at least three laptops available.
- iPads may be renewed only if there are at least three copies, and the same iPad can not be checked out.
- Check equipment availability by viewing the catalog record. Studio equipment may not be scheduled in advance.
- Users are responsible for all materials loaned to them. Overdue, lost or broken items will incur fees at the rate of $1 an hour for hourly items and $2 a day for daily loans.
- Consultations are meant to teach essential skills for projects, not to accomplish projects for or in place of a patron’s own efforts.
For more information, please stop at the Digital Media Reserves Desk or call (414) 288-7253 or review our full policy document.
Equipment Lending Policies
Digital Media Circulation Policies
- Only current students may borrow digital media equipment that have signed the Circulation Policies form.
- Students must have a valid MUID.
- Users are responsible for all material, lost or broken items will incur fees at the rate of $1 an hour for hourly equipment and $2 a day for day-long loans.
- Users are responsible for reporting stolen library items to the police as well as to the libraries.
- Users must respond promptly to all notices and notify the staff if there are any discrepancies.
- Users must return items to staff at the Digital Media Reserves during regularly staffed hours.
- For their protection, users are asked remain at the Digital Media Reserves desk until all loaned items have been fully checked-in.